Apple will release iOS 16 on September 12. These are the new features you will get with iOS 16.
Apple is set to release iOS 16 tomorrow, September 12. iOS 16 will bring new customization features and thus improve the iPhone experience for users. “iOS 16 enhances iPhone with all-new customization features, deeper intelligence, and easier ways to communicate and share. Available September 12,” Apple said. Also, according to information provided by a Twitter user, AppleTrack, Apple has confirmed that Satellite Emergency SOS will be released in November as part of iOS 16.1.
“Apple has CONFIRMED that Emergency SOS via Satellite will be released in November as part of iOS 16.1,” AppleTrack tweeted. It can be known that Apple has unveiled four iPhone 14 models: iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max along with various other products including Apple Watch Series 8, Watch Ultra, Watch SE, AirPods Pro 2 in their Far Out event was held on September 7. Also, all iPhone 14 models will be compatible with iOS 16. Needless to say, other iPhones like iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and more will also get iOS 16.
Do you want to see the features of iOS 16? Here is everything you need to know.
Top 10 Features of iOS 16
1. Lock screen: You will get new ways to customize your lock screen. You’ll be able to display your favorite photos, customize font styles, and display a set of widgets for information at a glance. You’ll also be able to change your lock screen throughout the day, just press and hold and then swipe.
2. Create multiple lock screens: Now you can create different lock screens, each with a unique background and style, and easily switch between them. Browse a wallpaper gallery with suggested photos and themed collections for inspiration.
3. Widgets on the lock screen: You can choose to display a set of widgets as part of your lock screen to view information such as weather, time, date, battery levels, upcoming calendar events, alarms, time zones, and ring progress of activity.
4. Notifications: View notifications on the lock screen in an expanded list view, stacked view, or hidden view. And notifications appear at the bottom of the screen, so they’re out of the way.
5. Easily set up a Focus: A new streamlined setting for Focus lets you select the apps and people you want to receive notifications from, either allowing or muting them. Connect your lock screen to your Focus so the look of your iPhone matches the way you want to use it in the moment. With just a swipe, you can go from your personal focus to your work focus with widgets that display upcoming meetings and to-do lists.
6. iCloud Shared Photo Library: It will arrive at the end of this year. You’ll be able to share a photo library with your family, share a separate iCloud Photo Library with up to five other people. Everyone has the same permissions to add, edit, and delete photos in the shared library. Favorites, subtitles, and keywords are also synced, so if one person organizes the collection, everyone benefits.
7. Messages: You can now edit a message you just sent or unsend a recent message altogether. And you can mark a message as unread if you can’t reply right away and want to come back to it later. You can edit a message up to 15 minutes after you send it. While unsending any message up to 2 minutes after sending.
8. Mail: Smart Search improves your results by correcting typos and using synonyms for your search terms. You’ll see a richer view of shared content and more from the moment you start searching emails. You’ll also get a notification if you forget to include an important part of your message, like an attachment or a recipient.
9.Safari: Share tabs and bookmarks, send messages, and start FaceTime right from Safari. Whether you’re planning a trip with friends or shopping for a couch with your partner, you can share all your tabs in one place. And when they find something cool, they can add tabs too.
10. Home: The Home app is rebuilt from the ground up to be even more efficient and reliable. Browse all your smart home accessories on the redesigned Home tab. New categories for weather, lights, security and more let you access relevant accessories with just a tap. And a multi-camera view puts your smart home cameras front and center.
There are several more features that you can enjoy. Check it out here. https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-16/features/.