There are usually several features that Apple can’t finish before the first official release of a major new version of iOS, and this year looks to be no different, with a total of nine iOS 16 features now confirmed to be missing from the game. first public version of the new operating system.
Last year, SharePlay, digital IDs in the Wallet app, and Universal Control were among a host of features in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 that weren’t available in their initial release, taking several months for users to get around to it. they.
Apple previewed each of the following features when announcing iOS 16 at WWDC earlier this year, but they won’t be present in iOS 16.0 when it launches to the public tomorrow:
- live activities: Follow activities happening in real time, like a sports game or carpool, with just a glance on the lock screen. Third-party apps and app clips can implement support thanks to the Live Activities API.
- Game Center SharePlay support: Games that use Game Center multiplayer support have SharePlay integration. You can automatically start playing with friends on a FaceTime call.
- Game Center Contacts Integration: Contacts displays the Game Center profiles of your friends. Tap to see what they are playing and achieving in games.
- Support for matter: The new smart home connectivity standard that enables compatible accessories to work together seamlessly and across platforms. Matter allows users to choose from even more compatible smart home accessories and control them with the Home app and Siri on Apple devices.
- Updated architecture for the Home app: Improvements to the underlying architecture of the Home app to enable faster, more reliable performance and greater efficiency, especially for homes with many accessories and multiple control devices.
- free form app– A new digital whiteboard app with a flexible canvas for creating project diagrams, adding important assets, and brainstorming, with real-time collaboration features and rich media support.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library– A new option in the Photos app that allows users to create a shared photo library and invite anyone with an Apple ID to view, contribute, and edit it, including marking images as favorites and adding captions. There are no limitations and all participants have the same permissions, making it ideal for families.
- share key: The ability to share keys securely in Apple Wallet through mail and messaging applications.
- Easy shortcut setup for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X: Siri can run shortcuts from installed apps without any setup process (to be available for newer devices immediately without delay).
Shared iCloud Photo Library became the latest feature to be delayed following Apple’s “Far out” event earlier this week, but all other delays were revealed at the initial preview of iOS 16 at WWDC.
Apple says all of these features will arrive in an update to iOS 16 later this year, but haven’t yet offered a more specific time frame for any of them. After months of beta testing, iOS 16.0 will be officially available for download on all supported iPhone tomorrow. For a detailed breakdown of all the new features in iOS 16, check out our full roundup.
Garmin reacts to Apple Watch Ultra: “We measure battery life in months.” Hours No.
Garmin reacted to Apple’s new Apple Watch Ultra Rugged, saying in a tweet after the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch event that it measures battery life in “months” and “not hours,” promoting its latest Enduro 2 watch for athletes. While the Apple Watch Ultra has the longest battery life of any Apple Watch to date, Apple promises up to 36 hours of normal use and up to 60 hours with…
Apple Unveils iPhone 14 Pro with Dynamic Island, Always-On Display, 48MP Camera, and More
Apple today announced iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, featuring “Dynamic Island” to display alerts and activities in a new way, a brighter display with always-on functionality, the A16 Bionic chip, a camera system more advanced, new color options, and more. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max offer the “Dynamic Island” thanks to a redesigned TrueDepth camera array that…
Should I skip the iPhone 14? Five important iPhone 15 rumors to watch out for
With pre-orders for the iPhone 14 lineup now open, many iPhone customers will be weighing whether or not now is the time to upgrade their device. The iPhone 14 models offer some substantial updates with Emergency SOS via satellite, Crash Detection, camera improvements and more, but some customers will now be thinking of next year when it may be a more appropriate time…
How the new ‘dynamic island’ of the iPhone 14 Pro works
With the release of the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, Apple introduced an updated design that removes the notch in front of the TrueDepth camera. Instead, Apple slimmed down the hardware and placed the proximity sensor below the screen, allowing for a smaller pill-shaped cutout. Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. As we learned during the rumour…
Exchange your iPhone for a new iPhone 14? This is what it’s worth
Pre-orders for the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max open tomorrow, and if you’re one of the many customers upgrading from an older iPhone, you may be considering your options for the iPhone 14. exchange. in. Apple has a popular trade-in program that gives customers a certain amount of credit toward the purchase of a new iPhone based on the model they trade in and its condition….
Dynamic Island: First look at the iPhone 14 Pro’s new pill-shaped cutout
Apple today introduced iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with a new lozenge-shaped cutout called “Dynamic Island,” which Apple says offers “a rich new way to interact with activities, alerts, and notifications” on iPhone. devices. . With a combination of hardware and software, Dynamic Island can transform into different shapes and sizes for things like incoming phone…
Internet Reacts To iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island: ‘One Of Apple’s Best Designs’
Following the introduction of iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with the new Dynamic Island feature, which intelligently integrates the new lozenge-shaped notch replacement in iOS for alerts and system functionality, Internet users have reacted overwhelmingly positive to Apple’s new UX design. In the US, “iPhone 14 Pro” and “Dynamic Island” trended on Twitter…
Here’s when you can reserve iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and AirPods Pro 2 in each time zone
Pre-orders for iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max will begin on Friday, September 9 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time, and the new devices will be available in multiple countries around the world simultaneously. For that reason, we’ve put together a list of when pre-orders will be available in various countries around the world so MacRumors readers can know when…