It’s been a while since elden ring I didn’t see any love, but patch 1.06 is here. There’s not much in the way of new additions, though in particular the update means you can now co-op or raid multiple locations at once, as well as having a larger invasion area. There is also a mysterious new NPC that is supposed to help you progress through the Varre questline. without get into multiplayer, though in typical FromSoftware fashion there’s no telling where to find this helpful companion. Still, the update is huge, at least when it comes to game tweaks.
The much-maligned Bloodhound Step, an Ash of War that allows you to dodge attacks at high speeds while turning invisible, has been reduced so that the more you use it, the less effective it becomes. Bloodhound Step also goes further away when you’re low on gear, but it seems FromSoftware has pretty much touched on everything to do with low carry loads. Now you can roll further when you’re not carrying much, for example. Still, the Bloodhound Step nerf is great news for anyone involved in multiplayer. Recently in a survey of 10,000 gamersthe frequently used ability was one of the most cited reasons for believing that multiplayer was broken and unbalanced.
And you can believe that gamers are happy about this: Almost all responses to the Twitter announcement celebrate Bloodhound’s demise.
One of the other highly requested changes is a Corpse Piler recession. Corpse Stacker is the skill attached to the popular Rivers of Blood weapon, where the player swings the sword in an “X” shape which leaves a trail of blood. If the enemy is hit by the trail or actual weapon, it will deal damage, pooling stinging blood, and fire damage to boot. Now, however, the blood trail it leaves behind isn’t as effective as before, with less damage and bleeding on hit. The real blade also does less damage, but only slightly, according to the patch notes. That seems fair, really.
Read more: 8 ways to do elden ring Feel new again while you wait for the DLC
Unfortunately, the astrologers’ favorite Glintstone Pebble now does less damage, but goes farther than before, at least if you’re using the Ash of War version. The spell didn’t do much damage, but it could be dished out quickly at a low FP cost, and it also made sorcery on horseback much easier. You can still fully benefit from these things if you’re using the spell correctly, but everyone else is out of luck.
A welcome change comes for Opaline Hardtear, an item that frustratingly had a completely incorrect in-game description. the tear was supposed negate physical damage, which sounds pretty useful, right? Well, so far, Opaline instead reduced elemental damage, which led to a lot of confusion for everyone who equipped it. This has been fixed.
Bonk players should be very happy too, because the patch makes Greatswords and Great Hammers much better. If you bonk, you can now roll faster after attacking, charge attacks happen faster, and axes are faster.
You can find the full PVP-focused patch notes below. Overall a solid patch, though now we’re all wondering: when is the dlc
- Added the function to send summon signals to summon groups in multiple areas, including distant areas.
- Sending a cooperative signal to distant areas with this function will exclude summoning parties in “Mohgwyn Palace”.
- Added a new way to progress through the White Mask Varre questline in addition to participating in the multiplayer invasion by defeating a new NPC
- balance changes
- Added the following tweaks to Greatsword, Curved Greatsword, and Great Hammers:
Reduced the time it takes to roll to be possible after an attack (jump attack, dual wield attack, and attacks while mounted not included)
- Increased the movement speed of heavy attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included)
- Guard Counter Movement Speed Increase
- Increased the attack speed of great axes and reduced the time it takes to roll after an attack (jump attack, dual wield attack and mounted attacks not included)
- Increased rolling distance when the player has a light gear load.
- Increased the hitbox of Cipher Pata’s weapon ability “Unblockable Blade”
- Increased the range of the Ash of War projectiles “Glintstone Pebble” and “Glintstone Dart” while lowering the damage and stagger power.
- Lowered the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War “Bloodhound Step” while adding the changes below:
・Decreased performance when used continuously
Longer travel distance when loaded with light equipment
- Shortened the activation interval when using the “Fast Step” skill in succession, increasing its ability to circle the enemy when locked and adding the changes. down:
・Decreased performance when used continuously
・Longer travel distance with light load
- Decreased the damage and bleed stack of the “Corpse Piler” weapon skill when hit with the blood attack. When hit by the blade, the damage is only slightly reduced.
- Decreased the target tracking ability of the “Stars of Ruin” sorcery
- Error correction
- Fixed a bug that caused some “Lucerne” attacks to not go through the enemy’s guard.
- Fixed a bug that made it difficult for a two-handed jump attack with “Bloodhound’s Fang” to break the enemy’s stance.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effect of “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” to disappear after using the “Parry” skill with a dagger.
- Fixed a bug when dual wielding axes and great axes that caused bonus effects from spells, weapon skills, and items to not apply correctly.
- Fixed a bug when using a halberd with two hands, which made it harder to resist the enemy attack after using the guard counter.
- Fixed a bug that caused the physical attack affinity of some weapons to be different from the affinity listed in the tooltip.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to be more easily noticed by the enemy when using “Deathbed Dress”, even when crouched.
- Fixed a bug that caused the flail charge attack to damage the allied character when using “Deathbed Dress”.
- Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when changing your gear to a certain type of armor. Fixed a bug where the effect added to the weapon when using “Mists of Slumber” would be lost when the player received an attack. Fixed a bug that caused the playable character’s movement to stop. become unstable when hitting certain enemies with the ability “Ghostly Flame Ignition”
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from using the follow-up attack of the skill “The Queen’s Black Flame” when performing the skill with insufficient FPF. Fixed a bug with the “Ice Storm Zamor” weapon skill that allowed the player to more easily resist the enemy’s attack when using the skill. with insufficient PF
- Fixed a bug that caused the effect of spells and items added to right-handed weaponry to occur when using certain left-handed weapon skills.
- Fixed a bug that caused the FP consumption description of certain weapon skills to be different from their actual FP cost.
- Fixed a bug that allowed “Rock Blaster” to not consume any FP when used with a staff in the left hand and without a weapon in the right hand
- Fixed a bug that caused the charged version of “Black Flame Ritual” to consume the same amount of energy as the normal version.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to receive less HP recovery from enchantments and items other than “Flask of Crimson Tears” when activating the effect of “Great Malenia Rune”. Fixed a bug that caused “Opaline Hardtear” to not increase physical damage negation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from jumping in the air while traveling in specific conditions.
- Fixed a bug that allowed jumping attacks with colossal weapons while mounted to hit twice in a row.
- Fixed a bug that caused some signs to appear more than once in the summon pool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the attack effect of some weapon skills to persist under specific circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a significant performance issue in “Ordina, Pueblo Liturgico” under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from picking up dropped runes on death under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to reach certain inaccessible areas during multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the multiplayer area to have a different cap than expected
- Fixed a bug that caused some enemies to have incorrect visuals and behaviors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong sounds to play under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused some areas to render the player unable to move, resulting in death.
- Fixed a bug that caused some locations on the map to have incorrect images and hitboxes.
- Fixed a bug on some maps that allowed users to get to unexpected places using certain procedures.
- Fixed a bug with the PC version causing it to click when equipping Staves or Sacred Seals and switching Windows to active.
Added “ERROR” text to unauthorized items.
In the 1.04 update file, we fixed a bug that allowed players to pass unauthorized items that cannot be obtained in the game to other players After the distribution of this update file, possession and use of these unauthorized items they will be subject to warnings or penalties after a certain period of time.