Vulpix or Growlithe? Zangoose or Seviper? Since Arceus made the world in his image, Pokemon fans have had to grapple with a huge choice: which version to get. That dilemma will remain in place for the last few games, scarlet pokemon Y Violet.
Each generation of Nintendo’s monster-hunting RPGs splits up its Pokémon roster, with a handful appearing in one game while the counterpart remains absent (and vice versa). This strategy makes some degree of sense, albeit cynically. Pokemon the games have always been released as a pair. Making some Pokémon available in one version but not the other potentially incentivizes additional sales. (Nintendo reports sales figures Pokemon games grouped). Or, less cynically, it forces players to interact with each other and trade.
scarlet pokemon Y Violet they are not different. We already knew the legendary Pokémon, two motorcycle-inspired dragons called Koraidon and Miraidonwere exclusive to Scarlet Y Violet respectively. But in the wake of a massive news dump this week, the list is slowly becoming clearer. Here are the version exclusive Pokémon. known so fara list we’ll keep updated as more information becomes available in the run-up to the game’s release on November 18 on Switch.
scarlet pokemon Exclusives
- Larvitatea rock-ground type lizard creature that first debuted in pokemon gold Y Silver.
- pupitate, the second stage evolution of Larvitar. It floats for some reason. Although Pupitar hasn’t been officially confirmed, we’re including it as it evolves from a confirmed Pokémon.. (Warning, though: in pokemon sword Y ShieldSlowpoke, who has been a part of the series since the days of Red Y Bluecould not evolve unless you pick up the expansions.)
- tyrannite, the final stage of the Larvitar evolution chain. Unlike the previous two Evolutions, Tyrannitar ditches the Ground-type affiliation and is a Dark Rock-type.
- stonejournera type of rock pokemon sword Y Shield who, I suppose, is supposed to be a play on the famous monument of Stonehenge in England.
- Koraidon, ScarletLegendary Pokémon and cover model.
Pokemon Violet Exclusives
- Bagona dragon-type Pokémon that debuted in Pokemon
- Shelgon, the evolution of the second stage of Bagon. The same logic that applies to Larvitar’s evolution chain also applies to Bagon’s.
- Salamence, a Flying Dragon-type Pokémon and the final stage of the Bagon evolution chain. Some people (guilty as charged) are convinced that Salamence is the coolest Pokémon of all time.
- eiscoan ice-type penguin Pokémon with a giant ice cube for a face.
- miraidon, VioletLegendary Pokémon and cover model.
scarlet pokemon Y Violet are set to reimagine other longstanding aspects of the series. Located in a region called Paldea, inspired by the Iberian Peninsula IRL, these games are completely open world for the first time in the history of the series. There is cooperative for four players. gyms are backwith a particular leader leaving many fans sexually confused. And instead of arguably silly features like “Mega Evolution,” some Pokémon are capable of something called, by the way, this is a very real word, “terastallizing,” which means that be covered with crystals and you can change its type on the fly.
G/O Media may receive a commission
Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
It uses exclusive ultra-fast wireless technology to make sure your mouse is faster than you, can be used in conjunction with special software for highly customizable performance, and has 11 buttons to play with, a hyper-fast scroll wheel, and RGB lighting too.